Christian Surfers host many short-term mission opportunities. Most of these are managed nationally with restrictions on those who can join from outside the organisation. Contact either the nation you are from, or the nation which you are interested in visiting to find out more details. Click here for a list of all CS affiliates.
- CS United States run many missions through the year both domestically and overseas. You can find information for many of the trips directly on their website or contact Paul Hyers for more info.
- Surfing Missions is an extension of CS El Salvador that organises and hosts mission trips to El Salvador. Under a surf and serve concept, this family operated agency offer several ministry opportunities and take care of your local transportation, lodging and meals. You'll stay in a private and safe beach villa, just steps from great surf. Visit Surfing Missions for more info.
- Chaplaincy at pro surfing events. Chaplaincy requires specific skills and endorsements. Contact International Chaplaincy Coordinator Andy Pitt for more info.
Non-CS, Surfer-Friendly Opportunities
- Oasis Surf House in the exotic surf land of Lanzarote, Canary Islands offers a year round volunteer opportunity to stay at the guest house for free and live out a missions lifestyle in community. Click here for more info.
- Walking on Water have a variety of mission opportunities throughout the year. Visit their website for more info.
- Surfing the Nations, based in Honolulu, Hawaii, run year round discipling and missions courses. Visit their website for more info.
- Ride Nature offers opportunities to travel internationally through surf/skate centred mission trips with the focus on evangelism and establishing long-term discipleship. Visit their website for more info.
- PI Indonesia offer special surfer mission trips for islands off Bali with another established mission organisation. Visit Shemah Tours for more info.